Favorite Quote

"Sleep: a completely inadequate substitute for caffeine..."

4.11.2010

Senior Trip-Day 2-NYC

First of all, I REALLY missed being in our home church today!!! It's the BEST and you ALWAYS know its gonna be good. *sniff* Thank God I only miss every once in a great while!!

 Anyways.....Wow we had soooo much fun today!! We went to Brooklyn Tabernacle and it was AMAZING!!!! Afterwards we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge, which is a mile or so. It was funny because we were all bundled up and it was very warm walking across that bridge lol Let me tell you I think I have walked more in the last 2 days than I ever have in my life!! haha Well maybe not but it sure feels like it :) After the bridge we went to St. Paul's Church and then to the hotel to change :) Then came the MAJOR walking lol We walked down Broadway all the way to Chinatown where we did our souvenier shopping and then to Little Italy where we ate a BOMB lunch at Casa Bella. Tonight we went to Times Square and I had a major sensory overload haha the smells, the sights, the people... It was absolutely amazing. I was going crazy with the camera!! haha  Then came the GIANT Toys'R'Us. Us girls went on the Ferris Wheel inside and just had fun reminiscing about everything in the store and all the different toys :) Oh! and we tried the FAMOUS New York street hot dog lol It was alright.... NOTHING like I expected though lol Anyways I know you just so wanted to hear about my day lol so I'm done babbling. Tomorrow the biggest thing is the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and I don't know what else :)
My parents outside of St. Paul's
St. Paul's
Cross at Ground Zero
Little Italy
My parents at Casa Bella
My mom in front of the famous "Little Pie Company of the Big Apple"

In the metro station

Times Square

The Seniors with NYPD
the police substation in Times Square
Times Square
Lego stuff
Superman
Candyland


Standard entertainment in Times Square..hahaha

The HOT DOG stand

Me and my daddy with the New Jersey shore and skyline behind us.
Ground Zero cross


Until Tomorrow,
Ali P

3 comments:

  1. HOW FUN! I am so jealous. Going to New York is a major dream of mine.
    Can't wait to see pics of DC. It's so beautiful there.
    Keep us posted;)

    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are having a wonderful time!!! Thanks for keeping me posted. LOL. Love ya,
    Jenn P

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH Alex!! Thanks for the updates and the pictures. I'm so happy for you. Have a blast, make lots of memories. Enjoy every minute. Come home safely.

    Love you,
    Auntie HG

    ReplyDelete